#301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road Victoria, BC 250–384-3267
In STAGES’ 40th year of operation we look forward to continuing our tradition of providing dancers of all ages and levels of experience with a non-competitive atmosphere in which to learn about the performing arts and about themselves.
Welcome to STAGES
2019 Celebration of Dance June 15 th 11:00 AM & 2:30 PM
At the UVic Auditorium
Which show is my class performing in?
- Pre-show – Company
- STAGES Dance Company – One Rhythm
- Little Dancers
- Grade 1 Ballet
- Preschool Ballet & Jazz
- Tap 1&2
- Grade 3 & 4 Ballet
- Musical Theatre 1
- Acrobatics 3
- Ballet One (Teen Ballet)
- Tap 3
- Jazz 1 &2
- Lyrical 2
- STAGES Dance Company –Butterfly Duet
- Grade 5 Ballet
- Tap 5
- Preschool Ballet & Jazz
- STAGES Dance Company – A Million Dreams
- Primary Ballet
- Jazz 6
- Acrobatics 1
- Jazz 8 Tiffany’s- Fosse
- STAGES Dance Company – Beetlejuice
- Hip Hop 3
- Jazz 5
- Jazz 3
- STAGES Dance Company – Step in time/ Super Cala
- 1. Pre-Show- Evolution
- 2. STAGES Dance Company – One Rhythm
- Grade 2 Ballet
- Tap 4
- Lyrical 1
- Acrobatics 2
- Lyrical 3
- Preschool Ballet & Tap
- Grace’s Solo
- Hip Hop 5
- Adult Ballet
- STAGES Dance Company
- Preschool Ballet & Tap
- Jazz 8 Jeremy’s – Queen
- Preschool Hip Hop & Jazz
- Adult Tap
- Jazz 7
- Musical Theatre 3
- Hip Hop 4
- Advanced Foundation Ballet
- Hip Hop 1/2
- Jazz 4
- Acro 3
- Musical Theatre 2
- Grade 6 Ballet
- Adult Jazz
- STAGES Dance Company – Showman
- Buy tickets through the UVic Ticket Centre choosing the show your student is in.
- Ticket Centre is open Mon- Fri 9:30 am-4:00 pm for in person ticket sales or by phone sales: 250-721-8480
- Location of ticket centre and Farquhar Auditoreum (https://www.uvic.ca/farquhar/events/location-parking/index.php)
- or online at anytime https://events.uvic.ca/farquhar/view/day/date/20190615
September 2019- June 2020 Program Information
Through the training we offer, it is our goal to promote confidence and a sense of accomplishment in each student. It is our belief that all students should have an equal opportunity to learn in a safe environment fostering self-expression, a healthy lifestyle, responsibility, discipline and pride in their abilities.
from STAGES Founder and Artistic Director Kim Breiland
In STAGES 39th year of operation we look forward to continuing our tradition of providing dancers of all ages and levels of experience the very best training possible in a supportive, non-competitive and caring environment in which they can learn about the performing arts and themselves.
Through the training we offer it is our goal to promote confidence and a sense of accomplishment in each student. It is our belief that all students should have an equal opportunity to learn in a safe environment fostering self-expression, a healthy body, responsibility, discipline, and pride in their abilities.
Several of our students and former students enjoyed success through our last season
- Paul Becker has continued to make his mark in the film and stage industry. He was the choreographer for Sesame Street Live, Disney’s Descendants, Mirror Mirror, Twilight, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Once Upon A Time, The Magicians, A Series Of Unfortunate Events with Neil Patrick Harris, and has recently landed the choreographer position for Wreck-it Ralph 2.
- Devon Slack is enjoying a highly successful career as a stunt person on the TV series Orphan Black, and Supernatural along with movies such as X-Men and Warcraft among others.
- Tymin Keown continues his training at The Royal Winnipeg Ballet and has recently appeared in lead roles & with be touring with the Company in the fall of 2018 in the Nutcracker.
- Joseph Phillips is dancing with Christopher House and Toronto Dance Theatre.
- Kennedy Fraser was the recipient of the Dancestreams Dance Odyssey scholarship.
- Candace Bruce working as a performer for Disney on their cruise ship Disney Dream.
- STAGES Dance Company enjoyed a very busy season with numerous performances at local schools, KidsRun, Dancers For Kids, Pink in the Rink, Mini Pops, Help For A Dream, The Port Theatre in Nanaimo, The Union Club’s Annual Gala with a performance for the Lieutenant Governor of Canada, over 27 performances at the Galey Farm, downtown’s Wicked Victoria, and Opening the May Day Parade.
I would like to recognize the dedication of the students in our teacher program and their continued work and dedication to what STAGES has to offer.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding STAGES please let us know. We are trying to provide a service that you want and like, and only through your input can we continue to do so.
To our returning students and parents, THANK YOU for your continued support through the years. To all of the newcomers to STAGES, thank you for considering our school and I hope that we are able to satisfy your needs as an artist, or an artist’s parents
Sincerely, Kimberly Brooke Breiland
NORMAL OFFICE HOURS (through the school year)
- Monday 4:00-8:00
- Tuesday-Thursday 10:00-2:00
- Tuesday-Thursday 4:00-8:00
- Friday 4:00-8:00
- Saturday 10:00-2:00
- See Important Dates for summer hours
Email us: stagesdance @ shaw.ca remove the spaces
Please note: Classes do not take place on statutory holidays
- #301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road (Behind the Shelbourne MacDonald’s)
- Victoria, BC V8P 2P3
- Phone: (250) 384- 3267 Fax: (250) 384-6888