#301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road Victoria, BC 250–384-3267
In STAGES’ 40th year of operation we look forward to continuing our tradition of providing dancers of all ages and levels of experience with a non-competitive atmosphere in which to learn about the performing arts and about themselves.
Welcome to STAGES
September 2019- June 2020 Program Information
Galey Farm Times subject to change.
If you are curious about STAGES, please come up and visit. You are always welcome!
Through the training we offer, it is our goal to promote confidence and a sense of accomplishment in each student. It is our belief that all students should have an equal opportunity to learn in a safe environment fostering self-expression, a healthy lifestyle, responsibility, discipline and pride in their abilities.
from STAGES Founder and Artistic Director Kim Breiland
In STAGES 40th year of operation we look forward to continuing our tradition of providing dancers of all ages and levels of experience the very best training possible in a supportive, non-competitive and caring environment in which they can learn about the performing arts and themselves.
Through the training we offer it is our goal to promote confidence and a sense of accomplishment in each student. It is our belief that all students should have an equal opportunity to learn in a safe environment fostering self-expression, a healthy body, responsibility, discipline, and pride in their abilities.
Several of our students and former students enjoyed success through our last season
- Paul Becker has continued to make his mark in the film and stage industry. He was the choreographer for Sesame Street Live, Disney’s Descendants, Mirror Mirror, Twilight, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Once Upon A Time, The Magicians, A Series Of Unfortunate Events with Neil Patrick Harris, and has recently landed the choreographer position for Wreck-it Ralph 2.
- Devon Slack is enjoying a highly successful career as a stunt person on the TV series Orphan Black, and Supernatural along with movies such as X-Men and Warcraft among others.
- Tymin Keown is continuing his professional career dancing with Ballet Victoria.
- Joseph Phillips is dancing with Christopher House and Toronto Dance Theatre
- Candace Bruce working as a performer for Disney on their cruise ship Disney Dream and this year became one their Dance Captains
- Paige Anderson, Rayne Cook-Thomas, Madi Galey, Victoria Hunter, Max Shaver, and Sophia Voltova all received Scholarships from Dancers 4 Kids
- Max Shave and Nicole Bruce each received a Dance Odyssey Scholarship
- STAGES Dance Company continues to be a presence in our community with performances at the Launch and Opening Ceremonies for The Pacific Football Club, local schools, Mini Pops, Help Fill a Dream, KidsRun, Dancers 4 Kids, The Port Theatre – Nanaimo, Juvenile Diabetes Dance for the Cure at the Empress Crystal Ballroom, performances at the Union club with a performance for the Lieutenant Governor of Canada, over 32 performance at The Galey Farm, Downtown’s Wicked Victoria, Opening the May Day Parade, and performances in Spirit Square.
I would like to recognize the dedication of the students in our teacher program and their continued work and dedication to what STAGES has to offer.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding STAGES please let us know. We are trying to provide a service that you want and like, and only through your input can we continue to do so.
To our returning students and parents, THANK YOU for your continued support through the years. To all of the newcomers to STAGES, thank you for considering our school and I hope that we are able to satisfy your needs as an artist, or an artist’s parents
Sincerely, Kimberly Brooke Breiland
NORMAL OFFICE HOURS (through the school year)
- Monday 4:00-8:00
- Tuesday-Thursday 10:00-2:00
- Tuesday-Thursday 4:00-8:00
- Friday 4:00-8:00
- Saturday 10:00-2:00
Email us: stagesdance @ shaw.ca remove the spaces
Please note: Classes do not take place on statutory holidays
- #301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road (Behind the Shelbourne MacDonald’s)
- Victoria, BC V8P 2P3
- Phone: (250) 384- 3267 Fax: (250) 384-6888