#301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road Victoria, BC 250–384-3267
In STAGES’ 42nd year of operation we look forward to continuing our tradition of providing dancers of all ages and levels of experience with a non-competitive atmosphere in which to learn about the performing arts and about themselves.
At STAGES we believe it is our responsibility
to provide a safe, sanitized,
and comfortable environment for all.
Last Updated: September 20, 2021
At STAGES we believe it is our responsibility to provide a safe, sanitized, and comfortable environment for all.
Effective immediately Masks are required while at STAGES both in class and while entering and exiting the studio and all common areas.
“Masks are required in all public indoor settings for all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+) regardless of vaccination statues.”
Masks may be removed temporarily in indoor public spaces to consume food or beverages at a location designated for the purpose while participating in sport or fitness activity such as dance.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
By order of the PHO, proof of vaccination has been mandated for our business and our
industry. Every dancer 12+ or parent/guardian who is entering our place of business must
provide proof of vaccination as laid out by the government order. This is a mandated Public
Health Order for our industry. This will also allow us to prepare for our future performances at
the UVic Auditorium, The Mary Winspear and more.
Therefore STAGES will require proof of vaccination for all participants 12 and up. We will
attach this information to your registration. In future every dancer 12 + and audience
members will be required to provide proof of vaccination to enter a theatre or event in BC while
this order is in effect. As STAGES will be moving towards our Winter Performances in theatre
at the UVic Farquhar in December, Mary Winspear and others it is greatly appreciated that we
receive your proof of vaccination as soon as possible. Should be noted that all audience
members, performers, staff, crew and volunteers will also be required to provide proof of their
vaccination status for future performances and events.
You can email email@example.com proof of your child’s vaccination status which will be
kept on your file. In person we can also scan proof of vaccination. Once the government has
released your personal QR code we will also be able to scan this and keep this information in a
secure file. These records will be kept on file, as part of their registration and in a secure
location only accessed if we are ever audited.
This requirement is in place to January 31st 2022, with extensions possible..
STAGES NEW COMMUNICABLE DISEASE PLAN
Looking forward to seeing you at the studio. For those returning students and families this will
all seem familiar. Your health, like always, is our priority. We continue to follow the direction
of The Ministry of Health and Work Safe BC.
ARRIVING AT THE STUDIO
• Stay Home if you are Sick. If anyone in your household is Sick – Please Stay home
• Effective August 24th, Masks are mandatory at STAGES both in class and in all public spaces.
• STAGES has always understood the great importance of Ventilation and the role it plays in the transmission of the virus. We are fortunate to have windows in every room that will remain OPEN to allow for increased ventilation. Windows opened by the teachers or STAGES management only.
• Our Greeter will remain in place. Hand Sanitizing will remain at STAGES as you enter our Studios. If for any reason you can not use Hand Sanitizer you will be directed upstairs to the washrooms to wash your hands according to the posted directions located in each bathroom.
• One Way Flow will remain in place
• Drop Off Pick Up Only
• Dress codes remain in effect. Please arrive dressed and ready to go with your hair either in a
bun or pulled back off your face, no jewelry. A back pack and a labeled water bottle are
• Change room will be available – masks mandatory for all age groups
• Limited Class sizes to allow for social distancing
• Contactless payment available
• Virtual class options are available.
• Enhanced Cleaning practices remain in place after each class and at the end of the day.
We have mandated that all STAGES Staff and teachers:
1. All STAGES faculty and staff are FULLY Vaccinated. In accordance with the latest PHO Staff members will keep their masks on while accessing any and all public access areas.
2. They will be stay home if they sick or not feeling well.
3. Daily health checks will remain in place for all staff and teachers.
4. Sanitize or wash their hands, before and after every class.
5. Clean and disinfect personal items such as computers, lap tops, iPads
6. Enhanced cleaning practices are in place.
7. Managers and the directors will continue to be available remotely and/or on site in
order to support our teachers, staff, students and parents.
8. We will work collaboratively to ensure appropriate safety measures are in place
and adhered to.
9. They will stay at home if they are sick and/or not feeling well
We are deeply grateful for your support & Kindness through these times!
NORMAL OFFICE HOURS – (through the school year)
*Tuesday & Thursday 9:30am – 2:00pm
*Monday – Friday 3:30 – 9:00pm
*Saturday 9:00am – 2:30pm
Office Open from 9 AM – 4 PM
*July 5 – July 30, 2021
*August 9 – September 3, 2021
Email us: stagesdance @ shaw.ca remove the spaces
#301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road (Behind the Shelbourne MacDonald’s)
Victoria, BC V8P 2P3
Phone: (250) 384- 3267 Fax: (250) 384-6888