STAGES Performing Arts School
#301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road Victoria, BC 250–384-3267
Over the years we have found that having a tangible goal to work towards helps students develop a sense of pride and dedication to their work. To this end we produce two shows each year, one in the fall and one in the spring.
FALL DEMONSTRATION: Before the holiday break we have a ‘demonstration’ for parents, family and friends. Each class performs at this ‘demonstration’. This is much like our year-end recital, save that there are no costumes (the students wear their regular dance class attire), and there is no special lighting.
RECITAL: In June we end our year with a recital. Each class has a number in this recital which is rehearsed during regular class time. Unlike the fall production the recital does have rehearsals outside of regular class time, but not until the last week prior to the show.
Saturday, June 15th at 11:00 am & 2:30 pm
Two Separate Performances
UVIC Farquhar Auditoreum
* GENERAL INFO
There will be Two separate shows on SATURDAY JUNE 15th,
one at 11:00am and one at 2:30pm at the University Farquhar Auditorium.
Each show will be approximately 1.5 hours in length with no intermission.
A few classes will be featured in both shows, but most classes will be in one show or the other. Please check the lists posted outside of studio one.
Tickets are on SALE May 15th , 2019
Seating is assigned, so buy early to avoid disappointment.
Tickets can be purchased at the UVIC Ticket Center:
In Person Monday – Friday 9:30am – 4:00pm
By Phone at #250-721-8480
Or Online at auditorium.uvic.ca
* Ticket Prices
Children 2 and under are free but need a ticket to enter the theatre.
All prices include taxes, user fees, and SOCAN fees.
We will be checking all of our costume and class fee accounts prior to each class. If any student has an overdue account, they will not be permitted to take part in the recital until the account is up to date.
- DATES TO REMEMBER
Photo/Dress rehearsal week May 21nd, 22rd, 23th
For the May rehearsals / photos we need to see complete costumes, hair and make-up.
Class photos are taken by VIP Studios.
Please note that regular classes are cancelled Tuesday May 21st Wed 22nd, and Thurs 23rd to allow for photo week. (Except for Preschool classes, which remain the same and have their photos taken during regular class time.)
- Students arrive in costume 15 minutes prior to call times to run their piece and have their photos taken.
- Please see notice #2 below for the schedule of photo/ dress rehearsal week.
RECITAL: June 15th
Please note that all performers are to be dropped off at the side STAGE DOOR one hour before the performance begins. There will be a more detailed notice regarding the day of the performance toward the end of May.
* Students will be escorted to the balcony upon the completion of their dance number(s) where they are welcome to watch the remainder of the show. This is where you will find your son or daughter at the end of the show. NOT BACKSTAGE.
Classes with younger dancers will have a den parent assigned to stay with the students until they are picked up in the balcony.
Theatre doors will open 1/2 hour prior to the show. Latecomers will be seated at an appropriate break in the program.
ALL CLASSES END ON JUNE 14th
RECITAL 2019 –
- $ 12.00 for Class Photos $ 18.00 for individuals/ duos
- Class photos will be taken through the week of in-studio rehearsals, May 21st – May 23rd
- All regular classes are cancelled on Tuesday, May 21nd, Wednesday May 22nd, and May 23rd
- Photos will be on display in the studio and available for order in the office during the month of June and at the performance on JUNE 15th, 2019
- Photos must be paid for when you place your order, payment by cash or cheque made out to STAGES. In order to avoid disappointment, be sure to place your photo orders early.
- Photos will be available for pick up at the studio during the last two weeks of summer programs. Monday – Friday 9am-4pm August 19th – August 30th
- *All regular classes are cancelled for these three days, so dress rehearsals and photos can take place. Classes run as scheduled for Friday, May 24th and Saturday May 25th
- No schedule for Pre-School Classes, as they will be taken throughout the week during regular class times.
- Any Questions or concerns? Please call the office 250-384-3267. Thank you
Students should arrive early, in full costume and hair, ready to go.
TUESDAY, MAY 21 @ STAGES
- 4:00 – Tap 5
- 4:15 – Company: Friend like Me
- 4:30 – Tap 1 & 2
- 4:45 – Company: Arabian Nights
- 5:00 – Tap 3
- 5:15 – Primary Ballet
- 5:30 – Tap 4
- 5:45 – Grade 1 Ballet
- 6:00 – Tuesday’s Jazz 8
- 6:15 – Grade 2 Ballet
- 6:30 – Hip Hop 5
- 7:00 – Grade 3 & 4 Ballet
- 7:15 – Adult Tap
- 7:30 – Ballet One
- 7:45 – Adult Jazz
- 8:00 – Company: Queen
- 8:15 – Company: A Million Dreams
- 8:30 – Company: Showman
WEDNESDAY, MAY 22 @ STAGES
- 4:00 – Advanced Foundation
- 4:15 – Advanced Foundation
- 4:30 – Jazz 1 & 2
- 4:45 – Grade 6 Ballet
- 5:00 – Jazz 3
- 5:15 – Grade 5 Ballet
- 5:30 – Acrobatics 1
- 5:45 – Pointe
- 6:00 – Acrobatics 2
- 6:15 – Jazz 7
- 6:30 – Company: Step in Time
- 6:45 – Jazz 6
- 7:00 – Acrobatics 3: Egyptian Nights
- 7:15 – Jazz 4
- 7:30 – Company: Supercala
- 7:45 – Company: Acro – Unstoppable
- 8:00 – Jazz 5
- 8:15- 8:30 – Company: Freaks / Swans
THURSDAY, MAY 23 @ STAGES
- 4:00 – Lyrical 1
- 4:15 – Musical Theater 3
- 4:30 – Hip Hop 1 & 2
- 4:45 – Thursday’s Jazz 8
- 5:00 – Hip Hop 3
- 5:15 – Contemporary
- 5:30 – Musical Theater 1
- 5:45 – Lyrical 3
- 6:00 – Musical Theater 2
- 6:15 – Lyrical 2
- 6:30 – Hip Hop 4
- 6:45 – Adult Ballet
- 7:00 – Company: One Rhythm
- 7:10 – Company: Aladdin
- 7:20 – Duo’s, solo pics and small groups (must be booked)
- 7:30 – Duo’s, solo pics and small groups (must be booked)
- 7:40 – Duo’s, solo pics and small groups (must be booked)
- 7:50 – Duo’s, solo pics and small groups (must be booked)
- 8:00 – Duo’s, solo pics and small groups (must be booked)
*All regular classes are cancelled for these three days, so dress rehearsals and photos can take place. Classes run as scheduled for Friday, May 24th and Saturday May 25th
- No special photo schedule for Pre-School Classes, as those photos will be taken throughout the week during regular class times.
Any Questions or concerns? Please call the office 250-384-3267. Thank you.
Students should arrive early, in full costume/hair ready to go
NORMAL OFFICE HOURS (through the school year)
- Monday 4:00-8:00
- Tuesday-Thursday 10:00-2:00
- Tuesday-Thursday 4:00-8:00
- Friday 4:00-8:00
- Saturday 10:00-2:00
- See Important Dates for summer hours
Email us: stagesdance @ shaw.ca remove the spaces
#301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road (Behind the Shelbourne MacDonald’s)
Victoria, BC V8P 2P3
Phone: (250) 384- 3267 Fax: (250) 384-6888