STAGES Performing Arts School
#301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road Victoria, BC 250–384-3267
summer dance camps for all ages
July – August 2019
A Little About Stages:
Established in 1980, STAGES Performing Arts School has taken pride in maintaining a tradition of providing dancers of all ages and levels of experience with a non-competitive atmosphere in which to learn about the arts & about themselves.
Our Aims and Objectives:
- To provide students of all ages and levels of experience with the opportunity to participate the performing arts.
- To instill in each student a sense of self-discipline and pride in what they accomplish.
- To provide an atmosphere which is non-competitive, creative, fun, & sensitive to the individual within a group environment
We look forward to providing another summer of dance classes for all ages in the summer of 2019. We will post our schedule and information in early spring of 2019
LITTLE DANCERS Summer 2019
For ages 18 months to 3 years old
Tuesdays & Thursdays through July & August, 9:30 – 10:15am *** Parent Participation Required ***
Cost: $20 per week, $90 for five weeks, or $12 per class (all fees include applicable taxes)
Tuesday and Thursday – July 16 & 18
Tuesday and Thursday – July 23 & 25
Tuesday and Thursday – Aug 13 & 15
Tuesday and Thursday – Aug 20 & 22
Maximum of 15 students per class.
– Payment in full is due on the first day of classes.
– Cheques should be made out to “Stages”.
– Payments made before July 1st will be processed July 1st.
– Stages reserves the right to refund or reschedule sessions.
Do you have a natural mover? A born dancer? Taught to upbeat children’s favorites, we will romp to the beat, stretch & wiggle, stomp & hop. We use scarves, teddy bears, musical instruments, balls & a parachute to give young ones the chance to strut their stuff. Whether this is your first time with us or you are a returning student, you’ll find that we adjust the pace to meet the challenges and needs of this age group. Each & every class is aimed to delight & explore new movement for your child in a fun-filled, group environment.
*Clothing: All clothing should be stretchy &/or fitted dancewear, allowing for freedom of movement.
*Non-slip foot wear.
2019 PRESCHOOL SUMMER DANCE CAMPS
For dancers 3-5 years old
Not sure what style of dance your budding dancer would like to take? Ballet, Jazz, Musical Theatre & Tap will be broken down during these 5-Day Dance Camps. Small combinations of each style will be taught that the dancer can work on at home or use to just dance around the house. Children will be introduced to elements of ballet such as posture & positioning of the arms as well as the rhythms & footwork of tap. Time spent separately on each style provides a well-rounded class for the beginner. Taught with scarves, nursery rhymes, parachute, balls & more we will to work on foot & arm positions, broadening the scope of movement & dance terminology. We use music from children’s favorites from Disney, the Wiggles, High School Musicals, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Frozen, Madagascar & more. A small dance presentation will be performed at the end of the week.
Monday – Friday, 10:15am – 12:15pm
Cost: $100.00 Per Session
(all fees include applicable taxes)
Clothing: Shorts / track pants & fitted t-shirt or dancewear.
Jazz shoes, or flexible runners.
July 8 – 12
July 15 – 19
July 22 – 26
August 12 – 16
August 19 – 23
Youth Summer Camps
Jazz, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre & Acrobatics
Six Sessions in July and August
Join us for five days of high energy dance focusing on Jazz, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre & Acrobatics. The sessions will feature music from popular stage, movie and TV as well as the current popular “hits” to keep folks moving through the week. There will be an in-studio “performance” at the end of each week for family & friends.
Clothing: Boys – Shorts / track pants, fitted t-shirt.
Girls – Dance wear or shorts / track pants, fitted t-shirt.
Shoes – Jazz shoes, or flexible runners.
Hair must be tied back, off of the face and neck.
Four Full Day Sessions 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Cost: $240.00 per week (fees include applicable taxes)
Two Half Day Sessions 1:00 PM – 4:00PM
Cost: $110.00 (fees include applicable taxes)
STAGES 39 th Annual Summer Dance Intensive 2019
Two Week Summer Dance Intensive for dancers ages 11 and up
August 19- August 30, 2019
STAGES Performing Arts School, under the direction of Kim Breiland, is pleased to offer their 39th Annual Summer Dance Intensive. This well-rounded program is designed to meet the needs of dedicated dance students of all levels.
By taking part in the Summer Dance Intensive students are given the opportunity to fully involve themselves in dance without the usual pressures of the academic year. With focused and intensive training, the students are able to progress very quickly and have always shown vast improvement by the School’s end.
Students will receive classes in Ballet, Jazz, Acrobatics, and Hip Hop, as well each day includes a proper warm-up and cool-down which are combined with stretching and conditioning exercises.
Daily Schedule – Studio opens at 8:30 AM
9:00 – 10:30
Warm-Up & Ballet
10:40 – 11:55
12:15 – 1:15
Acrobatics & Conditioning
1:25 – 2:25
Contemporary & Lyrical
2:35 – 4:00
Hip Hop & Stretch
- KIM BREILAND – Jazz, Acrobtics & Conditioning: Kim is the founder of STAGES Performing Arts School. Established in 1980, STAGES is one of Victoria’s largest performing arts schools, which offers over sixty classes per week in six different disciplines. Kim has worked with Janet Jackson, David Foster, Stephanie Mills, & a host of others. She has toured with the overseas production of Cats and has appeared in numerous videos, films & TV specials.Acrobatics & Conditioning
- LIA BIROS – Hip Hop Lia is one of Victoria’s most sought after Hip Hop and dance teachers & with her unique and energetic style has choreographed award winning numbers for both festival, TV & numerous other events productions. Only a few years ago Lia was a member of both STAGES Dance Company & Generation X, &
was a focal point in both companies. She trained extensively in ballet, jazz & hip hop. She runs the dance program at Spectrum High School where she imparts her talent, enthusiasm & the love of dance to hundreds of dance students per year.
- JEREMY MITON -Jazz Jeremy came to Victoria after completing a ten-year contract with Carnival Cruise Lines as a dancer and adage partner. He was promoted to Dance Captain and has an extensive backrougnd in Jazz, Tap, Musical Theatre, Ballet & Tumbling.
- TIFFANY MITON– Ballet Born and raised in England, Tiffany received her training at the Warrington School of Dance in Lutterworth UK, in ballet, Modern and Tap. Immediately upon graduation she was hired by Carnival Cruise Lines and began traveling and performing as a lead dancer and as an adage partner. her incredible technique & understanding of style always made her a stand out & crowd favorite.
ITEMS TO NOTE
~ Faculty is subject to change, but teachers would be replaced with someone with similar credentials and experience.
~ Enrollment is limited and the programs will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to students enrolled in the full program over those who wish to take one week of the program or drop-in classes.
~ Bringing water bottles, lunches and snacks to the studio is expected and encouraged.
A NOTE ABOUT LESS EXPERIENCED DANCERS
Students should have a minimum four years of experience. Dancers with less than four years of training will be accepted into the program at the discretion of the faculty.
ONE FINAL NOTE
If you have ANY questions with regard to our Summer School: classes, faculty, billeting, studio size, transportation, etc. please do not hesitate to contact us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
NORMAL OFFICE HOURS (through the school year)
- Monday 4:00-8:00
- Tuesday-Thursday 10:00-2:00
- Tuesday-Thursday 4:00-8:00
- Friday 4:00-8:00
- Saturday 10:00-2:00
- See Important Dates for summer hours
Email us: stagesdance @ shaw.ca remove the spaces
#301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road (Behind the Shelbourne MacDonald’s)
Victoria, BC V8P 2P3
Phone: (250) 384- 3267 Fax: (250) 384-6888