#301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road Victoria, BC 250-384-3267
STAGES prides itself on providing an inclusive environment to all and will not tolerate bullying in any manner.
Established in 1980, STAGES offers students an environment which is non-competitive, secure, encouraging and supportive. We make every effort to ensure that students are allowed to enhance not only their understanding and talents in the performing arts and dance but their ability to work in a group setting, their physical conditioning, and their growth as an individual.
2023-2024 Information is available on this site. You can also download the 2023-2024 info as PDF files. Please follow the links.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- provide students of all ages and levels of experience an education in the performing arts by offering training which is varied, meticulous and meets the needs of each individual student.
- To give students the opportunity to perform and enhance their performing ability and in doing so instill a sense of self-discipline, pride, accomplishment and joy.
- To develop new audiences through the students’ and parents’ experiences in the arts.
- To develop new dancers, actors, singers and young choreographers through the school’s teaching and performing elements.
- To produce dance and other related performances of professional quality.
- To provide scholarships to those both deserving and in need of financial aid.
GENERAL RULES AND GUIDEINES
- Common courtesy and politeness to everyone is expected.
- Tidiness and neat appearance for all classes is a must.
- Proper attire for all classes is a necessity.
- No chewing gum in the school.
- No loose or oversized shirts in any classes.
- No jewelry in any classes.
- Food is not to be consumed in the dressing room or in the studios.
- Dance shoes are not to be worn outside.
- Cell phones are to be silenced and not answered inside the studio.
*** PLEASE NOTE: STAGES reserves the right to refuse service.
We strive to offer as many opportunities to all of our students as possible, hosting Master Classes and Summer Schools with professional dancers and choreographers from various parts of North America. STAGES also offers performance and more intensive training opportunities with STAGES Dance Company.
STAGES is one of Victoria’s largest performing arts schools, offering over sixty classes per week in ten different disciplines. We have Musical Theatre classes and specialize in classes for preschoolers, toddlers, and baby and parent.
In 1982 STAGES initiated a scholarship program which has grown to over $40,000 annually. This program is endorsed and supported by Greater Victoria Schools Districts 61, 62 and 63 and has seen many young performers blossom as a result.
*Monday – Friday 3:30 – 9:00pm
*Tuesday 9:30am – 2:00pm
*Thursday 9:30am – 2:00pm
*Saturday 9:00am – 2:30pm
Office Open from 9 AM – 3 PM
*July 3 – July 28, 2023
Office Open from 9 AM – 4:30 PM
*August 7 – September 1, 2023
Please note: Classes do not take place on statutory holidays
- #301 – 1551 Cedar Hill X Road (Behind the Shelbourne MacDonald’s)
- Victoria, BC V8P 2P3
- Phone: (250) 384- 3267